The vision and mission of Downtown Church is devoted to proclaiming the biblical gospel of Jesus Christ that commands and empowers us to turn from sin and radically love our neighbors as men and women created in the very image of God. We will not stand aside while so many of our Black and Brown, Asian and other fellow citizens are oppressed and marginalized by systemic injustice. Instead, we will stand together to speak against injustice, serve our communities, and preach the hope that is found only in our Savior, Jesus Christ. The Session of Downtown Church is asking you to stand with us in unity for justice, peace, and holiness.
- Love and Serve One Another
- Participate in the Ally Training with the Downtown Church Diaconate The deacons will recruit supportive members and regular attenders to come alongside anybody receiving ongoing support through the deacons. These Allies will form a “circle of support” around the person being helped.
- Give to the Downtown Church Mercy Fund
- Enroll in the Made For Others discipleship course We hope to build a bridge of understanding and empathy in our community. We will obtain this by looking at a well-rounded perspective of America’s history and how it has shaped the current climate of racial strife in America. We believe this is the foundation for understanding some of the cultural nuances that can potentially divide the body of Christ. By the end of this curriculum, our hope is that we will all be better equipped to realize our vision and “form a new community, radically loving Christ and neighbors.”
- Engage in Civic Responsibility - vote and participate in civic action